There are several events coming up on our calendar that are designed specifically for MBEs to learn about corporate opportunities. In order to help you organize your own calendars and keep things straight, we have begun sending out invitations using Constant Contact. This way we can include directions, agendas, share with you who else is attending, and allow you to register. If it seems like we are busy, it is because we are. As I like to tell people, business is a contact sport. We know how busy everyone's schedule is, but these are events often hosted by our corporate members with the expressed purpose of finding out more about you and your business with the ultimate aim, to make you a valuable supplier to their companies. Here are some events you should consider:
- 2012 Upcoming Events
- August 9 - Purchasing Managers Association of Boston -Click Here for Registration Details This event is co-sponsored by the PMAB, the MBDA Boston,and the GNEMSDC. The keynote speaker is Mark Faulkner from Partners Healthcare. Mark is a senior procurement executive at Partners Healthcare. Both MBEs and corporate members are invited.
- August 10 - Franklin Covey Webinar on "What the CEO Wants You to Know: Building Business Acumen" at 9 am and 2 pm. Limited to 50 participants and is free. If interested contact Brandon Stone at email@example.com. We thank the GNEMSDC MBEIC Education Committee for this event. If you are interested in attending this event, call the CT office for the call-in information. Only certified MBEs and corporate members can participate in this program.
- August 14 - Franklin Covey Webinar on "Closing the Execution Gap" at 9 am and 2 pm. If interested in this webinar contact Brandon Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org. This event is limited to 50 participants and is free. We thank the GNEMSDC MBEIC Education Committee for bringing you this event. Interested certified MBEs can call the office for the call-in information. Only certified MBEs and corporate members can join the call.
- August 23 - GNEMSDC Quarterly Meeting at TJX in Framingham, MA from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
- August 31- MBDA CEO Roundtable - At Raytheon 8:00 am to 11:30 am. Come and meet other MBE CEOs and learn about opportunities at Raytheon from the Raytheon procurement team.
- September 12-14 - GNEMSDC Business Opportunity Expo and Conference at MGM Grand at Foxwoods.
- September 17-18 - PA-DE-NJ MSDC Conference and Business Opportunity Conference - Caesars Casino Hotel, Atlantic City, NJ - I will be a keynote speaker at this event on September 17. For more information visit affiliate.nmsdc.org/panjde/app/template/index.vm.
- September 29 - Joslin Latino Diabetes Initiative Inaugural Benefit Concert and Reception. Click Here for More Information The GNEMSDC is proud to support improving the health of all residents in Boston.
- October 28-31 - NMSDC Conference and Business Opportunity Fair - Denver, CO. For more information visit www.nmsdc.org.
- November 15 - Supplier Diversity Best Practices Day at Fenway Park, Boston, 8:00 am to 11:30 am. Join us for this joint meeting of MBEs and corporate members to demonstrate case studies of the best practices of minority supplier development in New England. There is limited space for this meeting. Contact Joanne Wang to register at email@example.com.