- Who we are…
- 35 year old non-profit agency of local and national major corporations
- An affiliate of the National Minority Supplier Development Council
- Controlled by 33 Board of Directors (BOD)
- Funded by corporate dues, certification fees, and sponsorships
What we do…
- Foster business relationships with certified Minority Business
Enterprises (MBEs) and corporate members.
How do we do it?
- We recruit major corporations, municipal, and state agencies
that have potential for awarding contracts to MBE businesses.
- We provide contacts for increasing contracts.
- We certify minority businesses that are 51% owned and controlled
by an ethnic minority and refer them to corporate members.
- We hold quarterly meetings where certified MBEs have an opportunity
to showcase their business; an annual awards banquet; golf outing
and business opportunity expo. Each venue gives the MBEs the opportunity
to meet and discuss contract opportunities.
- In 2007, there were 450 certified MBEs and 210 Corporate members.
The 450 MBEs reported gross sales of over $11 billion.